Business Development Manager
Primary.Health is the engine behind your COVID-19 testing and vaccination programs. Our web-based platform provides government agencies, schools, healthcare facilities, and community based organizations the ability to quickly register participants, schedule appointments, arrange for easy onsite check-in and check-out, and exchange data between labs and state databases, easing the reporting process.
JOB TITLE: Business Development Manager
REPORTING TO: SVP, External Affairs
JOB TYPE: Full-time
At Primary, we are blazing new marketing strategies to engage customers within and outside the healthcare industry. We believe in tackling hard problems together as a team, with strong values around collaboration, accountability, and transparency.
As the Business Development Manager, you are often the first point of contact a potential client has with Primary and are therefore an ambassador for our brand and reputation. You are knowledgeable of our products and services and will work closely with marketing, product, operations, and finance to find and respond to RFPs, develop sales pitches, and manage inbound/outbound business development strategies.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES:
- Researching and responding to RFPs.
- Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings.
- Contributing to and helping implement new marketing initiatives.
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones.
- Finding and developing new markets and improving sales.
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events (virtually) to build a network of contacts and expand Primary’s relationships.
- Developing quotes and proposals for clients.
- Developing goals and benchmarks and ensuring they are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field.
- 5-8 years’ experience in a B2B or B2G environment, preferably in health care.
- 5 years’ experience responding to government RFPs and/or building relationships with strategic partners; demonstrated sales growth.
- Experience collaborating in a cross-functional team of internal staff and external consultants.
- Strong communication skills and IT fluency.
- Familiarity with software/product sales.
- Ability to manage complex projects with competing deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Familiarity with HIPAA and other PHI/consumer privacy laws and regulations preferred.
Primary embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply please send a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to hr[at]primarybio[dot]com