Senior Software Engineer
Primary.Health is the engine behind your COVID-19 testing and vaccination programs. Our web-based platform provides government agencies, schools, healthcare facilities, and community based organizations the ability to quickly register participants, schedule appointments, arrange for easy onsite check-in and check-out, and exchange data between labs and state databases, easing the reporting process.
JOB TITLE: Senior Software Engineer
REPORTING TO: Lead software engineer
JOB TYPE: Full-time
At Primary, our engineers are blazing new trails at the intersection of technology, software, and healthcare. We believe in tackling hard problems together as a team, with strong values around collaboration, ownership, and transparency.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES:
- Drive engineering projects to completion, with a tenacious focus on the business impact of those projects. Skilled at prioritizing tasks to deliver on goals with a sense of urgency.
- Solve tough technical problems at any level of the stack, and be persistent in getting to the solution, whether it involves front-end, back-end, or infrastructure work.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to plan and execute on engineering projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Minimum of 5+ years of industry experience in engineering.
- You’re fluent in at least one major programming language and would be able to switch between multiple languages. In our stack, we mainly use Ruby on Rails and React. You have solid experience building software on top of relational databases such as Postgres or MySQL.
- You know what it means to write high quality, maintainable, testable code, and you enjoy doing it.
- You can break down complex problems rigorously and understand the tradeoffs necessary to deliver great, impactful products.
- You’re curious, you’re data-driven, you love to ask questions, and you think critically about problems.
- You love delivering value to your users and your teammates through your work.
- You have experience building and maintaining reliable, performant distributed systems
- You’ve owned and driven the development of complex projects or feature areas over the course of several months or years.
- You’ve demonstrated your ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
Primary embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply please send a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to hr[at]primarybio[dot]com